A Community Partnership
Trees for Survival is a community partnership.
The most successful Trees for Survival schools have these things in common:
- The School Board of Trustees commitment and involvement.
- A dedicated teacher who communicates well with all involved
- A local volunteer person who loves children and plants and can keep an eye on the watering over the summer holidays.
- A reliable water supply with sufficient pressure to run an irrigation system.
- Financial support from a local community group such as a Rotary Club.
- Assistance from a Field Officer, who may also be an Enviroschools facilitator.
- Assistance from local bodies and landowners with the organisation of planting sites.